WebCards News and Updates

Any Feature Requests for the Next Version of WebCards?

April 14, 2011 on 6:39 pm

There are plenty of new features already lined up for the next version of WebCards as well as lots of bug fixes.

But we want to know what YOU want from the next version of WebCards. Are there any little flaws that drive you mad? Or any missing features that make you say “how did they not think of putting that in?”

Please let us know your WebCards feature requests in the comments below.

13 Comments »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

1. I would love to:
    1. override card payment settings for specific users.
    2. offer annual membership (not just monthly).
    3. issue coupons or vouchers for free cards – I saw that there used to be coupons in webcards, so maybe this could be re-activated for this purpose.

Comment by Tricia — April 17, 2011 #

2. Dear Chris,

I would also like to offer HD videos in a gallery to use these in postcards. Please fast and easy!
    Thanks …

Best regards

Rolf

Comment by Rolf — April 18, 2011 #

3. How about a “featured” category. So if we want to not just have most recently uploaded or random card thumbnails displayed on the home page we can pick a category (or categories) that we would like to feature, and have thumbnails displayed from that particular category. For example, Easter Sunday is coming up. I would like to feature those cards (by thumbnail) on my home page, this feature would allow that.

Brad

Comment by Brad — April 20, 2011 #

4. would like feature to ban anyone putting in web address and or ban certain words.

Comment by Val — April 20, 2011 #

5. I would also like an easy way to customize the card emails (to add links/short advertising blurbs to the notification emails) without having to go into phpmyadmin.

Brad

Comment by Brad — April 26, 2011 #

6. I just wanted to thank everybody for the fantastic feature suggestions.

We are close to locking down the feature set for the next version and this feedback has been invaluable.

Comment by corbyboy — April 29, 2011 #

7. A feature to have a description of each card appearing with the thumbnail, but only when sending cards, not viewable by the recipient. Like “this card is excellent for birthdays and has a picture by x and a poem of y”, etc…

That would be very nice.
    Thanks a lot,
    Peter

Comment by Peter — May 24, 2011 #

8. would like an easy way to add custom text pages. I feel users need more instructions on what to do. would like monthly subscription, annual subscriptions and pay per card options when they order a card. The subscription is not any option unless I register. I think it should be at both places. Also new templates. Have card image show up on facebook when I hit like.

Comment by Celeste — October 29, 2011 #

9. Excellent ideas. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment by corbyboy — December 5, 2011 #

10. Is captcha protection available?

Comment by Ernesto — December 5, 2011 #

11. Yes, you can use captcha for registration or sending cards. You can disable it for logged in members if you want too.

Comment by corbyboy — December 5, 2011 #

12. How about the ability to use seamless tiles for backgrounds. Sometimes I want to match not just the color but the texture on one of my cards, since I create the cards myself. Thank you so much for so many wonderful features already in the program.

Estee

Comment by Estee — January 3, 2012 #

13. We would like to get a graph or report of cards the people sent. Want detailed quantity per card sent.

Would make it easier to delete a card no one has sent.

P.S. We love the software!!!!!!

Comment by Steven — February 13, 2012 #